Virtual GBAUUF Sunday Services Resume in August
Welcome back! Tune in each Sunday to hear an engaging sermon, to see familiar friendly faces, and to make new UU connections!
Click on the calendar for the Sunday Services Zoom meeting ID and password information.
While our building remains closed for public services, we are excited to announce that GBAUUF will begin hosting services via Zoom beginning on August 9th. Then, beginning September, we’ll share services with our newly-hired minister Rev. Jim Coakley, the Open Circle Fellowship in Fond du Lac, and the Point Fellowship for a weekly rotation.
Note: This is a work-in-progress. Please be patient as we work out the kinks and become accustomed to using Zoom for our weekly services. See TIPS below and check back from time to time for updates.
Generally speaking, expect Rev. Jim to conduct services on the first and third Sundays each month. Open Circle, Stevens Point and GBAUUF will share in the coordination duties of booking guest speakers on alternate Sundays.
The Order of Service remains familiar and will follow this format:
- Opening Words
- Chalice Lighting
- Storie for All Ages
- Musical Meditation
- Closing Hymn
- Extinquishing of the Chalice
Following the Benediction, participants will then join their individual congregations in a Breakout Room where Joys and Concerns, Announcements unique to their fellowship and the Congregational Response will be offered. Rev. Jim will “visit” each fellowship, floating between each of the three congregations before concluding with a social time. You will not need to log on to a separate Zoom link. Bring your own coffee!
If you have a Joy or Concern or an Announcement to share, please click on the embedded links to submit a request prior to the Sunday Service. Every effort will be made by the facilitator to include it as part of the service. Facilitators will also ask congregants to add any missed or new Joy or Concern during the service.
VIRTUAL SERVICE TIPS AND ZOOM ETIQUETTE
Click on the Sunday Service link on the home page or see the most recent UUConnect for the current Zoom link. Generally speaking, it should remain the same each week. The service link is live beginning at approximately 9:45 a.m.
- Please make sure your name on the screen includes our congregational reference. This will help facilitate the breakout sessions at the end of the service.
- Add GB for Green Bay
- Double check the screen to make sure your name and GB appears
- You will automatically be muted during the service so we don’t have background noise.
- To unmute yourself during the congregational response or for participating in Joys and Concerns, look for a microphone icon usually at the bottom of your screen. (Or it may be on the top of your screen if you’re using a tablet or phone.)
- You may need to hover over that space to get it to appear.
- Note: You remain muted when the microphone has a diagonal slash over it. If you click on it, the slash will disappear and you will be unmuted.
- If you’re calling in on your phone with voice only, you will need to use the mute functions of your particular phone.
- Those of you using video, you will see a camera icon next to your microphone icon.
- It is recommended that you have your camera off until the breakout room sessions at the end so we can have a more stable signal. (The more folks we have on the call, the less stable it can become).
- When the facilitator is sharing the screen, their face or the faces of a few others (participants and others who may be involved in the service will appear in small boxes over the top.
- We don’t have any control over how this appears on your screen.
- If you hover at the top of the little video box, you will see a bar appear with a few options represented by tiny boxes.
- TIP: Click on the middle option, to limit the video box to just the speaker.
- You may also click on the bar at the top and drag the whole video box to anywhere on your screen that is convenient – so it’s not blocking part of the slide.
- Please continue donating to our Fellowship if you can. We still have monthly mortgage and utility bills despite being unable to use our building. Without services for the foreseeable future, please continue to support the fellowship through weekly or monthly pledges.
- Please mail your pledge to the Fellowship or request to set-up an automatic Electronic Funds Transfer.
- Online giving is another option for both a one-time or recurring donation.
All in-person services, meetings and gatherings held at our fellowship have been cancelled until further notice. The Green Bay Area Unitarian Universalist Fellowship is guided by science, not politics, and we are following Covid-19 safety recommendations established by the CDC and the UUA.
As we continue to navigate this new normal, please take care of yourself in this time – physically, yes, but also psychologically and emotionally and spiritually. Your UU family is here to help. Please don’t hesitate to reach out through email or leaving a message on voice mail.