About Our Services
We gather together in spiritual community because we need constant reminders of what matters most in life. In a world of heartbreak and dehumanization, our congregations and communities call us to our better selves. We learn to live with more wisdom, more connection, and more compassion.
The Green Bay Area Unitarian Universalist Fellowship holds services on Sundays at 10:00 a.m. throughout the year with the exception of Memorial Day and Labor Day weekends and when the July 4th holiday occurs on a weekend.
Due to COVID-19 measures, all in-person services held at our fellowship have been cancelled until further notice. However, we are currently offering virtual services as follows:
- Twice a month services conducted by Rev. Jim (generally on the first and third Sundays)
- Guest speaker/service coordinated by GBAUUF and Open Circle in Fond Du Lac on alternate Sundays.
Our Worship Services are weekly reflections that weave together our own thoughts and experiences with music, beauty, poetry, and words that both comfort and challenge. Our programs for all ages inspire us, and awaken us to our capacities to make a difference in our own lives and in the world.
We draw from speakers who bring us messages of the inclusivity of spirituality. On any given Sunday you may hear a sermon drawn from one or more of these five themes:
- Direct experience of that transcending mystery and wonder, affirmed in all cultures, which moves us to a renewal of the spirit and an openness to the forces which create and uphold life;
- Words and deeds of prophetic women and men which challenge us to confront powers and structures of evil with justice, compassion, and the transforming power of love;
- Wisdom from the world’s religions which inspires us in our ethical and spiritual life;
- Jewish and Christian teachings which call us to respond to God’s love by loving our neighbors as ourselves;
- Humanist teachings which counsel us to heed the guidance of reason and the results of science, and warn us against idolatries of the mind and spirit.
- Spiritual teachings of earth-centered traditions which celebrate the sacred circle of life and instruct us to live in harmony with the rhythms of nature.
GBAUUF has no dress code. You are as likely to see people in jeans and tee shirts as in suits or dresses. We want everyone to come in clothes that make them feel most comfortable.